Trois-Rivières, a festive city...
Discover the city of Trois-Rivières, located in the heart of la belle province, between Montreal and Quebec City. We pride ourselves on our hospitality, tourist attractions and fun activities galore!
Trois-Rivières is known for its festivals and celebration of the arts. Culture buffs can catch artists in action during the FestiVoix music festival, the international poetry festival, the international DansEncore festival and the world public entertainers festival. Food lovers will be delighted to discover the city’s many restaurants with delicious fare to please every palate! And for those with a need for speed, the Trois-Rivières Grand Prix is a premier destination.
Trois-Rivières is the world’s poetry capital: wordsmiths from across the globe come to attend the city’s international poetry festival. During the festival of tales and legends, part of the city is magically transformed. Trois-Rivières also comes alive every weekend with many free activities on rue des Forges, and regional theatre companies often hold free performances in the gardens of the Boucher de Niverville Manor and the Ursulines museum. Visitors can also enjoy a splendid view of the St. Lawrence River from the harbour park.
For those who enjoy the outdoors, Trois-Rivières is about an hour from La Mauricie National Park and just minutes from Maïkan Aventure, which offers kayaking expeditions down the Saint-Maurice River.
For golfers, there are many beautiful courses nearby...
In short, when it comes to art, culture, history and nature, Trois-Rivières is a city well worth visiting!
Downtown Trois-Rivières has a wealth of cultural attractions, all within walking distance!
- Musée québécois de culture populaire (Quebec popular culture museum)
- Trois-Rivières Military Museum
- Boucher de Niverville manor
- Musée des Ursulines
- Musée Pierre-Boucher
- Centre d’exposition Raymond-Lasnier (exhibition centre)
- Galerie d'art du Parc / Manoir de Tonnancour
- M/S Jacques Cartier cruises
- Île Saint-Quentin Park
Trois-Rivières is a festival city!
- The Monaco of Trois-Rivières
- Festival des contes et légendes (Festival of tales and legends)
- Fête de la famille de Trois-Rivières (Trois-Rivières family festival)
- Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières
- Trois-Rivières en blues (blues festival)
- Délices d’automne (Autumn delights festival)
- Street animation on rue des Forges
- Festival international DansEncore (dance festival)
- FestiVoix (music festival)
- Biennale de sculpture contemporaine (contemporary sculpture biennial)
The stunning Mauricie region
- Forges du Saint-Maurice National Historic Site (Trois-Rivières)
- La Cité de l'énergie (Shawinigan)
- Musée des religions du monde (Nicolet)
- Musée du bûcheron (Grandes-Piles) (a recreated logging camp)
- Moulin seigneurial de Pointe-du-Lac
- Vieux presbytère de Batiscan
- Le Domaine seigneurial Saint-Anne
- Our Lady of the Cape Shrine
- La Mauricie National Park of Canada
- D'Arbre en Arbre (Shawinigan)